Child abuse is reported, on average every 10 seconds. Based on approximately 3 million reports per year.
Court denies Baker request
The legal tug of war continues in the case of Anna Mae.
The Tennessee Supreme Court answered yesterday's petition to rehear from
Jerry and Louise Baker quickly, saying the court ruling would stand as it
had been set: that A.M.H. should be returned to her natural parents. The
court also took the opportunity to "clarify two issues in this case:
the applicability of the concurrent findings doctrine and the continued
participation of the guardian ad litem and the attorney ad litem."
Read the courts findings
The Tennesee Supreme Court's order was simple:
This Court has carefully considered the Motion to Stay Issuance of
Mandate filed in this cause and concludes that it should be denied.
- Feb. 9, 2007 - Baker's Petition To Re-Hear Anna Mae He Adoption Case Denied
- Feb. 7, 2007 - Parrish needs to let go of He case
- Jan. 23, 2007 - Supreme Court Ruling
- Aug. 7, 2006 - Amicus Brief filed
- Jan. 28, 2007 - Custody fallout: Judge scolded
- Jan. 25, 2007 - Stinging rebuke for local courts
- Jan. 24, 2007 - Court Rules Against Foster Parents
- Jan. 24, 2007 - Chinese immigrant couple win long-fought custody battle in Tenn.
- Aug. 23, 2006 - Chinese Couple Appeal After Losing Child Custody Battle in TN
- Nov. 23, 2005 - Court Rules Against Biological Parents of Chinese Girl
- Feb. 15, 2005 - Court to decide whether judge was biased against Chinese couple
- Mar. 2, 2004 - Chinese and American Cultures Clash in Custody Battle for Girl